Peer Support Training
Peer Support Training
Description of the Peer Support Foundation Program
- Phase 1 of the Peer Support Foundation Program is an intensive selection process.
- Prospective Peer Supporters are asked to complete a 360º evaluation.
- Approval is sought from the applicant's Local Controller and the regional Peer Support network or in their absence the EMbrace Program Coordinator.
- Applicants are required to complete a self-paced learning package in order to evaluate their interpersonal and intrapersonal practice to determine their suitability for the peer support role.
- Applicants are required to attend a counsellor interview where the four 360º evaluations and the workbook are discussed.
- Phase 2 comprises a 4-day residential induction workshop.
- Face-to-face delivery provides for both knowledge and skills development in a range of key areas e.g. communication, stress management, loss and grief, group dynamics, critical incidents, Critical Incident Stress Management and Psychological First Aid.
- The participant must be present for the complete four days.
- Phase 3 comprises six months work experience for the probationary Peer Support Officer.
- It is during this period that probationary Peer Supporters are required to fulfil the required assessments to meet the competencies of the Foundation Program.
NB: The decision to continue the application at all stages of the process will be at the discretion of the EMbrace Program Coordinator.
General TrainingExamples of training sessions delivered to EMQ staff include:
- Information sessions about EMbrace Program
- Stress management
- Communication skills
- Management Tools for Staff well-being
- Strategic Response to Crisis and Critical Incidents
- Injury in the Workplace - Early Intervention Protocol for Managers
- Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT) Deployment Training
Please note this is not an exhaustive list, courses can be developed to meet the specific needs of staff.
For further information please contact EMbrace Program on 1300 309 508 or email email@example.com
We collect your personal information (e.g. email address details) to address your matter and will only disclose it to third parties if authorised by law or with your consent. To find out further information, please refer to our privacy statement
Last updated 8 June 2011