About the EMbrace Program
EMbrace Program is the SES, VMR and EMQ's counselling and support program designed specifically for volunteers, staff and their immediate family.
EMbrace Program’s goal is to promote staff well-being by helping volunteers, staff and their immediate family deal with work-related and/or personal problems and assist them and their immediate family to deal wi th emergency work-related difficulties.
Why have EMbrace?
Most people experience a range of emotional upsets, interpersonal conflicts and organisational pressures in their lives. Our staff and volunteers are no different. They have chosen careers and volunteering that is challenging, stimulating, motivating and often unique in terms of the demands and stressors they are required to face. When problems occur, not only can personal lives suffer, but our performance is often adversely affected. The EMbrace Program helps by providing support to individuals and the organisation by helping with developing coping strategies and advice on promoting a healthy work environment.
What does the EMbrace Program provide?
- Peer Support Program – a team of specially selected and trained co-workers to help volunteers cope with personal and/or work-related difficulties
- Confidential Professional Counselling – an independent service available to staff and volunteers at every level
- 24 Hour Telephone Crisis Counselling – Free Call 1800 805 980 – This service is pager operated and an EMbrace Program Counsellor will return calls as soon as possible
- Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT) – a specially prepared team of peer supporters and counsellors who are available to provide a range of support options that best meet the needs of those exposed to Critical Incidents of high emotional impact
- Training – information and seminars on issues such as stress management, effective communication skills and Critical Incident Stress Management
- Consultation with Management – the provision of tools for developing and promoting staff well-being
- Critical Incident Stress (CIS) Disaster Response Teams – provide psychological first aid to staff and volunteers affected by disasters
Peer Supporters and are throughout the state and are willing to provide support to members regardless of their location. Click here for a List of Peer Supporters. or call 1300 309 508.
EMbrace Program Counsellors are located in the major centres throughout the state and are available to volunteers and EMQ staff. For a list of EMbrace program counsellors call 1300 309 808. EMQ staff also have access to the Queensland Government's Employee Assistance Service. For more details log on to the DES Portal and follow the "Staff" link and click on the "Employee Assistance Services" Link or call 1300 309 508
Last updated 26 May 2009