ADVICE message for bushfire at Doonan (Noosa) as at 1.45pm
The Queensland Fire and Rescue Service is advising:
A large bushfire continues to burn in the vicinity of Nyell Road and Grays Road, Doonan. Multiple crews are at the scene of this fire which broke out around 10.45am today.
Fire crews are currently monitoring the blaze as it burns towards Rutch Road, where firefighters anticipate they will stop the fire from spreading further. This fire is travelling in a south westerly direction at this time.
Residents should consider taking precautionary measures including:
• Put on protective clothing
• Drink lots of water
• Move car/s to a safe location
• Close windows and doors and shut blinds
• Bring pets inside and restrain them (leash, cage or secure room) and provide water
• Wet down fine fuels close to buildings
• Remove garden furniture, doormats and other items
• Seal all gaps under doors and screens
• Fill containers with water - eg bath, sinks, buckets, wheelie bins, etc
• Have ladders ready for roof space access (inside) and against roof (outside)
• Have generator or petrol pump ready
• Check and patrol outside for embers and extinguish any spot fires and seek shelter as
the fire front arrives.
Regular updated information will be provided on the QFRS Rural Operations website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au or at www.fire.qld.gov.au or by listening to their local radio station. For information on current bushfire incidents visit http://www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/map.html .
Contact for media enquiries: DCS media unit on (07) 3635 3310.