Emergency contact information
Telephone Triple Zero (000).
For life-threatening, critical or serious situations only.
Details of any current alerts for Queensland are available through the Queensland’s Disaster Management Services website.
Alternatively, visit the National Emergency Alert web site for Frequently Asked Questions about Emergency Alert telephone messaging.
The Bureau of Meteorology provides warnings of dangerous weather to the Australian community, with the aim of minimising injury and damage. This information is transmitted to authorities such as Police, Emergency Management Queensland, State Emergency Service (SES) and to radio and television stations.
Visit the Bureau of Meteorology web site at www.bom.gov.au
Alternatively, visit the Bureau’s Telephone Weather Services Directory for Queensland.
Also tune to your local radio station for warnings and advice. Details of your local ABC radio frequency and local webpage can be obtained from www.abc.net.au/local or http://www.commercialradio.com.au/index.cfm?page_id=1179
To report a fire – telephone Triple Zero (000)
Current information on State-wide fire bans
News and Bushfire Alerts
Visit the Bureau of Meteorology tsunami warnings.
- Listen to your local radio and TV announcements; or
- Telephone 1300 TSUNAMI (1300 878 6264)
State Emergency Service (SES) flood and storm assistance
Telephone: 132 500 (flood and storm emergency assistance)
When to call the 132 500 number:
- Damaged roof
- Rising flood water
- Fallen trees on building
- Storm damage
To report wildlife emergencies, marine strandings and pollution incidents - call the Wildlife Hotline on 1300 130 372
To report lost or missing animals during times of disaster and emergency events visit the RSPCA lost/found web site.
Should you need to report an animal in distress, or you have concerns for the welfare of an animal, please contact one of the following options:
- RSPCA Inspectorate on 3426 9971 or 1300 852 188
- Queensland Primary Industry call centre on 3239 3111
- Your local Police Station.
Further information is available at the RSPCA web site
Emergency Animal Disease and Biosecurity Matters
Refer to Queensland Primary Industries and Fisheries.
Health and hospital information
Contact Queensland Health or phone 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
Queensland local councils
Visit your local council for information for your specific location.
Or check your local telephone book for your local council contact numbers.
Road conditions and closures
For state-wide details visit the Department of Transport and Main Roads web site.
You can also telephone:
- 1300 130 595 for 24-hour state-wide road reports.
- 13 19 40 for road conditions for Brisbane Metropolitan, Gold and Sunshine Coasts areas only.
Dangerous situations and/or downed power lines:
- SEQ residents contact Energex on 13 19 62
- All other QLD residents contact Ergon Energy on 13 16 70
Loss of Supply:
- SEQ residents contact Energex or phone 13 62 62
- All other QLD residents contact Ergon Energy or phone 13 22 96
For information on school closures either contact your children’s school directly or visit Education Queensland
- Web site: www.telstra.com.au
- 132 203 - report faults & damage to Telstra property
- 132 299 – business only technical support